Ready to join us in our powerful annual #ShowerStrike campaign? Your efforts will raise awareness and funds to provide lasting clean water to those who need it most. Here are the steps to sign up and personalize your fundraising page.
Create Your Fundraising Page
1. Visit showerstrike.org.
2. Click the “Join the Strike” button and choose your fundraising style from the available choices.
- As an Individual – Sign up to get started right away and fundraise on your own for our clean water mission. You can always join or start a team later.
- Join a Team – If your school, business, or other group has already created a team, join them to make an even greater impact
- Create a Team – If you plan on recruiting your friends and family to set up fundraising pages in addition to yourself, make sure to create a team so you can work together. Learn more about building your dream team.
3. Skip the first check box. This does not pertain to this specific campaign and is an automatic question asked by the platform.
4. Set your fundraising goal. There is a pre-populated goal set, but you can customize that goal to whatever is right for you. Keep in mind that you can come back to edit your goal at any time. We always recommend you aim high – you may be surprised by how much you can raise. Here are some options and how many people you can impact.
- $525 – Clean water for 35 people
- $750 – Clean water for 50 people
- $1,125 – Clean water for 75 people
- $2,250 – Clean water for 50 people
5. Personalize your headline. We have a default headline for each page, but feel free to personalize this and share a short message about why you are fundraising for our organization. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- This is my 3rd Shower Strike! Let’s change more lives through clean water!
- Everyone deserves access to clean water. Help me make this a reality for more people.
- Help me bring clean water to 25 people this year!
6. Set a short URL. This allows you to easily share your page with your friends and family, but it optional.
7. Upload a profile picture. Make your page more personalized and recognizable for your friends and family by adding a photo of yourself. You can always come back and change it at any time!
8. Fill out your contact info & choose how you’re participating. Will you be Skipping Showers, Walking for Water, or Just Fundraising? This will help us send you the resources you need for a successful campaign! Learn more about the options here.
Watch our How to Register video below.
Personalize & Manage Your Fundraising Page
It’s important to personalize your page and make sure to tell your Fundraising Story. People love giving to people they know! Adding personal touches to your fundraising page, like why you’re fundraising, your connection to Well Aware, or personal photos and stories, helps your friends and family connect more with our clean water mission. Your personal supporters will feel more compelled to give because they understand your unique relationship to our cause and what our organization means to you. So don’t forget to personalize your page to reflect your reason for fundraising and share updates as your progress grows! Here’s how.
1. Click Manage at the top of your fundraising page.
2. Go to Story. Here you can:
- Personalize your story that is told on your page. Share what motivates you – is it a personal experience with water? A book you read? A friend who inspired you? Sharing YOUR why will make it more meaningful for you and better encourage your donors to give. You can also add photos or videos to further personalize. You can use your own, or access ours in our toolkit.
- Add updates that will notify those who have donated to your page and will show up on your page’s “timeline”. We recommend posting an update each day of Shower Strike to create a buzz around your campaign, encourage those in your community to donate, and thank those who have already donated to the mission. You can also post selfies, videos, or other content you take as you Skip Showers, Walk for Water, and Fundraise.
3. Go to Emails. Here you can copy and paste our 2 templates into your personal email.
- Ask for Donations
- Thank your Donors
4. Connect your fundraising page to your Facebook page. Facebook makes it easy to share your campaign with your network. And, we see a significant increase in fundraising for Strikers who set this up. Once started, all donations through Facebook will be automatically added to your Fundraising page and be reflected in your overall goal. More on this and how to leverage social media here.
5. Go to Details. Here you can change the details you first created when you registered, including your profile picture, fundraising name, page headline, URL, and fundraising goal.
6. To go back to your page to review your changes, click the “View” button, in the top right, where you originally found the Manage button. If at any time you want to go back to your Striker dashboard to change details, you can always go through these steps again.
Watch our How to Personalize your Page video below.